Thursday, May 22, 2008

Accomplished...And Kind Of Sweaty...

Greetings, Blogstars! I am coming to you from across the street where just the other day I finally met the neighbor who lives here now. This used to be Heather's house, but they moved out years ago. Since then we've had a small variety of new neighbors, and I stopped meeting them all together knowing that they would move out soon. These people have been here over a year and a half though, and the other day my mother had a garage sale and Amanda (ladyneighbor) came over and chatted with us for a bit. I learned she has a 19 month old daughter, and I let her know that I am a very good and very cheap babysitter.



So here I am, a few days later, babysitting. Not just for KP, but for her twin 13 month old cousins as well. Both boys. It has been quite awhile since I have babysat so many children under the age of 2. It was a lovely experience. Their parents left at about 7:50, and by 8:40, all three wee ones were in their cribs (or playpens) asleep. That makes me feel very accomplished, and very tired. Just that one hour running around with three little people...but I am still fighting the urge to steal one and cuddle with him/her for a bit, but I know that they need their lovely-uninterupted-baby-sleep. Although there were only 2 poopy diapers before bedtime, so eventually I am thinking that one will be awake soon enough anyway.



Stop me if I sound creepy (hahaha...you can't stop me...BECAUSE IT'S MY BLOG!), because earlier someone said I sound creepy.... But the thing is, I think everyone could use some baby-time once in awhile. A friend of mine told me earlier that he has never cuddled with a baby, and it pretty much broke my heart. In my opinion, babies are the closest thing to God that we get in this lifetime. Think about it. They are straight from Gods arms to ours. It is truly a blessing to get to spend time with these little ones. They are so intricate, and yet so simple. I've learned a lot spending time with babies. A lot about compassion...patience... and about pure love. I've learned that drawn out hugs can feel better than mindless "things will be okay" talks. I've learned that things are funny just because they say so- with their fits of giggles that can easily floor them. I've learned that the sweetest and purest of embraces is when a baby is tired and they put their head on your shoulder and you rock them, sing to them, or just hold them and drink in their baby smell.

...Go cuddle a baby and try to disagree that they are straight from God.

No comments: