Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lions and Tigers and OwlBears, Oh My! *(Alternate Title: The Economy Is Making Me Cry)

Auditions went well for Reefer Madess/Evil Dead The Musical/Rent. I got called back for all three of them. Reefer callbacks did NOT go well at all, mainly because Lloyd was there and I was fighting tears and vomit the whole time. We made no eye contact and I had the worst callback I have ever had in my life (NO I am not being dramatic I am for REALZ). Then Lloyd left and magically I pwn'd my Evil Dead callback. Subsequentially, I got cast as ensemble in Reefer Madness (like last year), and Shelley in Evil Dead- which is awesome. Both shows are sure to be a ton of fun. I had fun doing ensemble last year, so I will have fun doing it this year. Lloyd won't be around. So that's good.
Rent callbacks are on Saturday and I am fairly nervous because I am being called back for Maureen and Mimi. Both of these roles are very very difficult to sing, and I was asked to prepare 2 songs for each of them (Over The Moon & Take Me or Leave Me for Maureen, Out Tonight & Another Day for Mimi), but I am still pretty happy to be called back. My hopes are not high for these parts, but it is still cool to be called back.
In other news, I really need to take defensive driving for my speeding tickets that I obtained back in February. I realize I am cutting it close because I am pretty sure I have to have it done by the 10th ish or so... But it is hard to do when you have no money and your bank sucks and you're so far in debt that it makes your head hurt but hey! Welcome to America and our AWESOME ECONOMY.
Tomorrow I will be evening out the debt and closing my bank account. Then I will be banking the old fashioned way (money in a drawer?) for an indefinite amount of time. Well, probably until I move to Houston... So at least a couple months.
I learned something very important in the past few years of being a grown up. Giving banks or anything else your cell phone number is a VERY VERY BAD IDEA. Your home number is good enough (even if you don't live at home), and keeps you from wanting to be THAT PERSON who YELLS AT THE BILL COLLECTORS who WILL. NOT. STOP. CALLING.
They call me from 8am to 10pm. Is that even legal? I both feel extremely sorry for and HATE the people who have those jobs. They can't help that their lives suck and that's what they do for a living. At least they have a job, I guess, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to take a chainsaw to their tongue.

....Harsh? YOU WOULD BE TOO.



Aside from everything else, Eric is still being very nice to me, and complimenting me and taking me on dates (and PAYING for it?), and going out of his way to make me happy every single day, which is all very strange and very nice. Yay Eric.

That's all for now. Send financially good thoughts my way!


.....oops... I guess I should explain owlbear...

Internet, against my better judgment, I will expose to you a secret that I (may have already exposed) do not tend to expose to anyone.


...I have joined a DnD clan.


Anyone know what that is? Maybe a couple of you? No? Yes?


Dungeons and Dragons. A RPG (role playing game). It sounds far more kinky than it actually is. Eric is our DM (Dungeon Master), and there are about 9 of us in the clan (4 main ones, 5 others that show up sometimes). I have made my character and written my characters backstory. If you ask nicely, maybe I will post my backstory. For now I will tell you that I am a human bard named Minna. I decided to be a support character for my first go at DnD and so far I am having a lot of fun. I was late to our last gathering because of callbacks, but when I arrived, my collegues (Black Tusk the half orc, Thornmill Thornhill the Elf, and the priest whose name I forget) were fighting an owlbear, which is a (you guessed it!) half owl half bear. I took a picture of it on my phone (there was a picture in the rules book), and I will happily share it with you now:




No comments: