Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Because I know you need a health update....

Let's go back almost EXACTLY one year ago and check out a couple entries:
Monday, October 23, 2006
very very...very sad.
i'm so sick.not even the doctor knows whats wrong.people that i love hate me.my throat is closing up.i cant go back to school til im more healthy And then a couple weeks or so later:
Monday, November 06, 2006
oh..right...xanga...so...i have mono. im fatigued and whatever. thats just my life. also im behind in classes because i missed three days of school. once again- my life. GUESS WHAT XANGALAND?!?!?!*imagines everyone guessing* Oh! oh I heard someone say it...who said it?? ...someone in the back...Yeaaaaahhhpp.I am having what is commonly referred to as a RELAPSE. I would like to refer to it as just...MY LIFE. It is really no fun. It may sound like fun- the whole...sleeping 12-15 hours a day thing- but IT'S NOT, LET ME ASSURE YOU. It is VERY difficult to make it to my 8 and 9am classes, although my 2pm shouldn't be bad, UNLESS I HAVE THE OVERWHELMING URGE TO SLEEP!Do you know how to get over mono? Take a couple aspirin and Rip Van Winkle your life away.Because antibiotics don't help. GOODNIGHT XANGA-XANGALAAAANNNDD!!!! *blows out candle with a raspberry**Lacey Jane*"I hope someone notices my reference to "Hook" in the last line I wrote"-Me. Just now. In my head.**EDIT** A Letter To My Professors::Good Afternoon, I am writing this e-mail to explain my frequent absences of last week and this week. I apologize for any inconvenience they have caused, and I want to assure you that I am doing and will be doing my very best to stay caught up. Last year I came down with a very bad case of Mono. I got it from over-exerting myself, but once you get it, you never get rid of it. It seems I am having a relapse. I sleep for 13-17 hours a day, and have a fever that I struggle to keep under control. I have a sore throat and a headache, and it is very difficult for me to get to class. Antibiotics do nothing for Mono, and the only thing I can do is continue to drink plenty of fluids and sleep as much as my body needs. It is very awful but I ask you to please understand that I WILL go to class if I can. I am not one to miss class for a bad reason. I am just a really unhealthy individual. When I had mono last year, my doctor encouraged me to drop out of school for the remainder of the semester, because all my organs were enlarged, and I was in danger. I didn't drop out then, and I won't drop out now. I just wanted to explain a little of what's going on with me, and I will see you in class ASAP. Thank You, Lacey Smith I'm such a good student.

No comments: